It’s International Women’s Day, And People are celebrating it all over the world. So, on this day, the entertainment website iKarmik gave a tribute to the Indian women who made us proud by making it big in their respective fields.
Here are the women about whom you should know as an India.
1. Rani Lakshmi Bai – One Of the first known female who fought against Britishers
2. Savitribai Phule – The Lady is credited to create first ever School for Women in Pune, India during 1848.
3. Bachendri Pal – First Indian woman to climb Mt. Everest.
4. Kalpana Chawla – First Indian Woman in Space.
5. Indira Gandhi – Known as The Iron Lady Of India, was the first Female Prime Minister of India.
6. Sarojini Naidu – The Nightingale Of India, First Governer of The United Provinces of Agra and Oudh.
7. Mother Teresa – First Indian Women To Win Noble Peace Prize.
8. Kiran Bedi – Joined the Indian Police Service in 1972, becoming first woman officer Of India.
9. Justice M. FaathimaBeevi – First Female appointed as the Supreme Court Judge.
10. Mary Kom – The First Indian Boxer to win a medal in each International Championships.
11. Neerja Bhanot – First woman recipient of Ashok Chakra, the highest bravery award for civilians.
12. Pratibha Patil – First Female President Of India.
13. Chanda Kocchar – A Padma Visbhusan Recipient, for his consistent work in Banking Sector.
14. Persis Khambatta – First Female to act in Hollywood Movies and Present India in Oscars.
15. Priyanka Chopra – The First South Asian To Play A Lead Role In American TV Series and To Win People’s Choice Award.
Latest posts by Corneredzone Staff (see all)