Indian Cinema, two words for million-dollar business, that provides employment for millions of people of the country and rules our heart. It’s very rare that we know about that happens behind the camera, and what it takes to make a movie that can carter the interest of millions.
Here are few facts related to Indian Cinema you probably don’t know.
1. The term Bollywood was coined when in 1970s Indian Cinema overtook America as the world’s largest Film Producer.
2. Tamil motion picture Enna Saththam Intha Neram delivered by AVA Productions and coordinated by Guru Ramesh has four kin, quadruplets Adhiti, Akrithi, Akshathy and Apthi in the lead role.
3. Indian Cinema suffers A loss of approx. 100 million dollars due to piracy.
4. According to survey more Around 1.4 Crore people go the movies everyday.
5. Yash Raj films is India’s largest production and distribution House in INDIA and 27th in the world.
6. After Zindagi na milegi dobara shot in Spain there was a 32 %increase in Indians visiting Spain.
7. Until 1990s, Amitabh Bachchan was the only star who was paid in cores.
8. Studio tours are offered in INDIA, where tourists can visit sets and visit the real homes of Bollywood celebrities.
9. Hum Aapke hai kaun was the first movie to be cam-ripped. This is where piracy begin.
10. Ghajhni was the first movie to become a 100 crore grosser.
11. In India 400 crore movie tickets are sold every year.
12. In 1980s’ Amitabh bachchans comic supermo were available in Market.
13. Lagaan was the first Indian film to release in China.
14. Largest poster of more than 50,000 square feet notice for the Indian movie Baahubali.