India is a land of diversity. We are home to many languages and have a history of over thousand-year-old. Over this times there many things that we have discovered or invented that have made space on a global level. But, that sad fact is many things we as Indians don’t know. So, here is a small reminder to various things of INDIA.
1. Until 1986, the only place where diamonds have been found was in INDIA.
2. First granite temple in the world, The Brihadeshwara temple is situated in Tamil Nadu.
3. India’s first theatre was Elphinstone Palace in Calcutta. It began in 1907.
4. The board game, Snakes And Ladders, originated in India.
5. Magnetic Hill is a gravity hill located near Leh and Ladakh.
6. India is largest importer of Arms but India never invaded any country.
7. Karmanasa river is considered to be a cursed river and it is believed that touching its water will ruin one’s plans.
8. Highest cricket pitch in the world Chail in Himachal Pradesh is 2,444 metres high.
9. First ever university in the world was in INDIA, Takshila 700 BC.
10. The World’s biggest family lives in INDIA, one man 39 wives and 94 children.
11. Lonar lake a saltwater lake in Maharastra was created by a meteor hitting the earth.
12. Kumbh Mela gathering can be seen from space.
13. An Indian man claims he hasn’t eaten or drunk for 70 years. After many test doctors still don’t know who is it possible.
14. Breathing the air in Mumbai, India, for just one day is equal to smoking 100 cigarettes.