The short-heightened girl with a husky voice, who’s career was in question since the start of it. Is now considered as one of the most successful actress of all time. Rani Mukherjee, born on 21 March, 1978 to a family who was solely into films and production line has made a huge space in the Hindi Cinema in her career since 1997.
So, to appreciate her work, here we have curated some of the facts about this Bengali Bala you should know about.
1. Rani Mukherjee was in 10th Class when she got first movie offer. Though, his father rejected the movie by saying she is very young to do a movie.
2. We all know that Rani did her Hindi Movie debut from Raja Ki Aayegi Barat. But, her first movie was a Bengali film Biyer Phool.
3. She is a trained Odissi dancer.
4. She is the only Indian Movie Star who won Filmfare Award for Best Actress in Hum Tum And Best Supporting Actress in Yuva in the year 2005.
5. She was the first choice for the movies Mani Ratnam’s Dil se, Ashutosh Gawarikar’s Lagaan and Rajkumar Hirani’s Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.
6. She is the only Bollywood Celebrity to have dinner with Pakistan’s President Parveez Musharf alongside Manmohan Singh at Ashok Hotel, Delhi in 2005.
7. Rani Mukherjee rejected Irrfan Khan starred Hollywood movie The Namesake. As she was working on Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna during that time. So, The Namesake was offered to Tabu.
Rani Mukherjee is one of the few Indian Actress whose two movies were the official entry of India into Oscars. One is Hey Ram! in 2000 and another one is Paheli in 2005.
She was the only woman to find a place in the Filmfare Power List in 2005.
Rani was at number one place in Rediff’s Top Bollywood Female Stars ranking for three consecutive years 2004-2006.
Rani is said to be the lady who broke the “Fairness Myth” as said by media.
Latest posts by Corneredzone Staff (see all)